Pay attention right here or wherever you get your podcasts.
Howdy and welcome again to Fairness, a podcast concerning the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
That is our Friday present, and we’re speaking concerning the week’s greatest startup and tech information. This week, Mary Ann and Alex ran as a duo, masking a large swath of startup and know-how information. Don’t neglect that the Fairness crew are opening this yr’s TechCrunch Disrupt occasion, so snag a bagel and are available cling in a number of weeks!
Right here’s the present rundown:
- Teamshares: Right here’s an fascinating one. Teamshares has raised some huge cash and is shopping for loads of SMBs. However that’s simply the beginning. It additionally plans to permit workers of these firms to purchase most of their inventory over time, whereas serving up centralized fintech companies to all its sub-companies. Who doesn’t love to speak a few new mannequin?
- MoonPay’s new enterprise arm: Crypto fee infra firm MoonPay is stepping into the enterprise sport, with a give attention to crypto, gaming, and fintech. The union of these three is crypto video games, in fact, however now we have two eyes mounted on what MoonPay decides to spend money on. New crypto-thematic, or crypto-adjacent funds are rarer as of late, making the MoonPay information thrilling.
- Lease Butter and Kiki: Now that the zero rate of interest interval is over, and the experiment in constructing new iBuying and mortgage service startups has partially concluded, renting is sizzling once more. And thus, so too are rental-focused startups.
- The IPO drought has lasted longer than you anticipated: Working off a Crunchbase dataset, Alex has notes on simply how lengthy now we have been ready for actual tech IPOs. The excellent news? They’re (partially) again!
- What occurs once you deliver lean startup ideology into the AI world? Plenty of experiments, it seems.
And that’s us till subsequent week. Resulting from an American vacation, Fairness will kick off on Tuesday subsequent week as an alternative of Monday!
For episode transcripts and extra, head to Fairness’s Simplecast web site.
Fairness drops at 7 a.m. PT each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts. TechCrunch additionally has a nice present on crypto, a present that interviews founders and extra!